I was rocked. I thought I would be able to maintain my composure, but standing there in a tux, surrounded by lifelong friends and family, I fell to pieces. Just the sight of my bride coming down the aisle in white took my breath away and melted me in a way I wasn’t prepared for. I knew that she was God’s gift to me and I was blown away. Thoughts of Christ’s love and God’s goodness swirled through my head and I couldn’t believe how overwhelmingly beautiful she was. I didn’t deserve her–and I still don’t. I am so thankful for my wife of these past 5 years. She is an amazing mother, friend and co-laborer. There is nobody on earth that I would rather run this race with.
Here are 5 things that I love about her:
1. She knows where every item in our entire house is at any given moment
2. She laughs at my jokes
3. She gives me space when I am hyper-focused
4. She has chips and salsa in the house 24 hours a day, seven days a week
5. She nudges me under the table when I need to stop talking
6. (I know I said 5) Her love for Jesus is contagious and inspiring
I love you Jennie, happy anniversary!